Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an innovative team where your creativity and skills are utilized to its full potential?
GeoMetrix Rail Logistics, the leader in Rail Management Software, is looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our team.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Software Developer is an active member of the Technical Support team and will ultimately drive the production of efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
If you are an innovative, skilled professional who has advanced Software Development skills and the ability to work within a team as well as independently with little supervision, we want you to apply.
What you’ll be doing
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Develop and implement new software programs
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software database
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Develop and maintain front-end web applications using Angular Framework
- Provide input for the creation of User Interface (UI) designs to optimize user experience (UX)
- Implement visual mockups using front-end technologies
- Perform code reviews to ensure best architecture and security practices are followed
Skills and knowledge:
- Frontend design and architecture
- OAuth knowledge
- Knowledge of Indexed DB
- Experience with Angular Framework
- Ability to build and maintain .NET web RESTful Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) based on technical specifications
- Knowledge of TypeScript, C#
- Experience using Git
- Knowledge of MySQL database and/or other Relational Database Systems
Experience and education:
- College/University Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Apple Swift 4 Mobile development experience an asset
- Experience with Android Kotlin Mobile development an asset
- AWS technologies knowledge an asset
- Experience in Desktop Application development in C# an asset
- RFID knowledge and asset
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Employee benefits and vacation
- A Fitness center pass
- Free parking
- Continuing education through certified courses
GeoMetrix is 100% Canadian owned and has been in business for 35 years; it is the industry-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) provider to Rail Shippers throughout the United States and Canada. The wide range of diversity in our customers ensures our application meets and exceeds customer requirements in a complete Rail Logistics package. Our success at GeoMetrix Rail Logistics stems from a deep understanding of rail logistics and commitment to delivering tools which organize, simplify and present the information our clients need to bring order to their fleet management.